Saturday, January 10, 2004

I have renewed my home HDD recorder from Victor HM-HD1 to Cocoon CSV-EX9 at the end of last year. However, it wasn't as good as I thought. The Cocoon is hard to use because of lacking of some functions such as recording using G-code, double speed play, auto cutting commercials and EPG bugs of satellite broadcasting etc X-<

I have upgraded the Cocoon to support UPnP media server functions, and I am checking the implementations. I seem that the content directory implementation is very simple because the content directory has only a object container.

DarWIN supports some netwok standards for home networking such as UPnP and ECHONET. iReady is a small and common adaptor of ECHONET devices to connect home appliances and computers. HomePlugAV is faster than ECHONET as home powerline networking.

Hi-MD : I use mainly NetMD based on ATRAC3 for my audio systems. The media is cheep, about $7, as a 1GB stroage media, but I wonder if I will renew because I know that Sony couldn't diffuse MD-DATA and MD-DATA2 ....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?