Friday, January 27, 2006


VLC : I knew that my DLNA, correctly UPnP/AV, media client patch was included in the recently version, but I had not been compile the source codes myself.

Before my try, a development user of CyberLink, Thus0, tried the compile and sent me the report. According to the report, I checked the step as the following.
$ cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/clinkcc login 
$ cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/clinkcc co -P clinkcc
$ cd clinkcc
$ ./boostrap
$ ./configure --enable-expat
$ make
$ su
$ make install

$ svn co svn://svn.videolan.org/vlc/trunk vlc-trunk
$ cd vlc-trunk
$ boostrap
$ ./configure --enable-x11 --enable-xvideo --disable-gtk --enable-sdl
--enable-ffmpeg --with-ffmpeg-mp3lame --enable-mad --enable-libdvbpsi
--enable-a52 --enable-dts --enable-libmpeg2 --enable-dvdnav --enable-faad
--enable-vorbis --enable-ogg --enable-theora --enable-faac --enable-mkv
--enable-freetype --enable-fribidi --enable-speex --enable-flac
--enable-caca --enable-skins --enable-skins2 --enable-alsa --disable-kde
--disable-qt --enable-wxwindows --enable-ncurses --enable-release
--enable-cyberlink --with-cyberlink-tree=/home/skonno/src/clinkcc
.....
checking cybergarage/upnp/MediaServer.h usability... yes
checking cybergarage/upnp/MediaServer.h presence... yes
checking for cybergarage/upnp/MediaServer.h... yes
checking for libclink.a in /home/skonno/src/clinkcc... /home/skonno/src/clinkcc/lib/unix/libclink.a
checking for XML parser to link CyberLink with... -lexpat
.....
$ make
To compile VLC with the UPnP option, you have to comiple CyberLink for C++ with the expat option, and configure VLC with the CyberLink option, --enable-cyberlink and --with-cyberlink-tree.

To enable the option, you have to run VLC with the service discovery option as the following.
$./vlc --services-discovery upnp
Using the VLC, I could can see the content lists of DLNA media servers in my home using the playlist panel :-) However I cound not play the MPEG-TS streams X-<

I could play the MPEG-PS and x264 streams with no problem, and I could play MPEG-TS streams normally using the old VLC such as v0.7.4. I created the VLC using latest source codes of VLC and ffmpeg. I will check why I could not play.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?