Tuesday, April 25, 2006


Flash : I have merged a XML server for Flash that I have created for the testing last year, into a package of CyberLink for Java to control UPnP devices by remote or create the user interface by Flash.

I have created some user interfaces using Swing or native user interfaces such as Carbon and Gtk, but Flash might be a good solution to crate the user interface on any platforms.

I would like to create the UPnP/AV media server for iTunes. I want to study Objective-C and Cocoa because I know only the old development style, Carbon. However I might create the user interface using Flash.

Comments:
I like this idea, it would solve the problem of a platform dependent upnp. Can you publish or at least send me the flash code.
 
I didn't connect the Flash XML server to the UPnP/AV media server yet.

However I can send the client sample of AcrionScript of Flash to you.

Please tell me how to send the sample to you.
 
you can send it to webmaster@distributed-home.com

Thanks very much, I am trying to come up with the best way to create a cross platform upnp client for the mac and pc. Not an easy task. Like you I too am trying to learn cocoa, but since its not cross platform I think a flash/java combonation might be better. I'm an experieced java j2ee developer.

Thanks again, feel free to browse our website www.distributed-home.com.

thanks

wg
 
Hello, I'm trying to make an UPnP controlpoint for mobile and are trying to adept your cybergarage lib for java. But could you tell me which files exactly are used for the controlpoint or isn't there any obvious seperation between a controlpoint and a normal UPnP device (the not controlpoint one xD)?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?